Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Unit 9 - I was told

LessonA-1B
A-2A
1. A friend of mine said that he wasn’t at all materialistic and that he had very few possessions.
2. Someone at work told me that her closets were all full, but she couldn’t stop buying new clothes.
3. My aunt said that she was always throwing things away and that once she had thrown out an antique vase by mistake.
4. My brother told his wife that they were in debt because they had spent too much money on stuff for their apartment.
5. One of my teachers told me that he had a huge collection of comic books that he just didn’t have room for.
6. My neighbors said they would have to have a yard sale to get rid of all the junk that they had been buying at yard sales.

A-3A
  1. I like to have all the latest gadgets. I want to buy latest gadgets. 
  2.    I live without a credit card. I would have a credit card. 
  3. I’m not very attached to my possessions.
  4. Yes. Once I lost my wallet, then I have got upset.
  5.  No, I always buy things I really need.

Lesson B-3A

1. She asked me what my main source of income was.
2. She asked me whether I was employed full time or a student.
3. She wanted to know what my biggest monthly expense was.
4. She asked me how much I spent on entertainment each month.
5. She wanted to know whether I had taken anything back to a store recently.
6. She asked me if I had a credit card and whether I was interested in applying for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment