Monday, May 11, 2015


WORK BOOK

UNIT-3 WORLD CULTURES
Lesson A-1 Traditions
Kerstin : It’s celebrated  ;  is considered
Kerstin : is chosen ; is put ; is sung ; isn’t done
Ken : is eaten
Kerstin : are made ; ‘re , served 
A-2
1.Totem poles are carved out of wood by some Native Americans.
2.Paella is made with chicken , seafood , and saffron.
3.In Mexico , the Day of the Dead is celebrated on the first two days of November.
4.In Taiwan , red envelopes with money inside are given to children by (their)parents on New Year’s Day.
A-3
Sports
Is called  ,        are used  ,        are played ,       is called ,        is held
Music:
Is called ,       are performed ,     isn’t used ,       are learned  ,      are sung
Food :
Is served  ,          ‘s made ,: are boiled ,         are mashed;  ‘re mixed
Lesson B.  Manners
B-1
1.to kiss                   2.Showing                      3.Eating                          4.to cut in line 
B-2
1. to keep                 2.bowing                        3.Having 
B-3
1.  reaching           2. to say           3.Eating           4.Being              5. to shout              6.  to go
B-4
1. It’s not OK to point at people in public places.
2. It’s not customary to walk in someone’s without taking off your shoes.
3. Try not to stand close to people you’re talking to.
4. Not opening a gift in front of the person who gave it to you is considered rude./Opening a gift in front of the person who gave it to you is not considered rude./
5. You can annoy people by not saying you’re sorry if you bump into them.
6. It’s not customary to tip hairstylists./It’s customary not to tip hairstylists/
7.Being early for a party is not considered polite.
8.Talking on a cell phone in a public place not acceptable.
Lesson.C-1

1.I really like it.
2.Well, to be honest , I don’t really like her.
3. No. I absolutely hated my old school.
4.Yes! I would definitely like to do that.
5.Oh , I’d certainly ,miss my family ,especially my brother.
C-2
1.I just love learning about new cultures.
2.In fact , I think it would be exciting to live in a new city.
3.To tell you truth , I’d miss home cooking if I lived in another country.
4.I’d actually love living with a roommate .I honestly wouldn’t like living by myself.
5.I’d definitely like to live all over the world. I really can’t imagine living in just one place.
6.To be honest , I don’t think I’d get homesick if I lived a long way from home.
B-3
1.Kara  _ I’m going to Mexico!
Kara  But I’m going to miss you , of course!
Bruno  Well, me , of course.
2.Brad  And , of course , I missed my flight.
Brad  Yeah_.
Brad Yeah, and I apologized right away , of course.
Lesson D. Proverbs
D-1A
Singing :  1
Giving present :  2
Eating a special food :  3
Dancing :  2
D-1B.
1.In Argentina, the person with a birthday is pulled on the earlobe once for each year of his or her life.
2.In Canada , people put butter on the person’s nose to stop bad luck from sticking.
3.In Norway , the birthday child dances while his or her classmates sing a song.
4.Japanese children aged three , five ,and  seven celebrate birthdays by wearing new clothes /going to a temple and getting special threats.
5.In Mexico, children hit a pinato to get the presents and candy inside it.
6.Taiwanese children try to eat all their noodles and not break them.
D-2A
One of my favorite traditions is
It’s often said that
It means
I like this tradition because
 

No comments:

Post a Comment