Sunday, May 3, 2015

WORK BOOK
UNIT-1   
  INTERESTING LIVES
Lesson A.  Interviews
1 Meet Alex
Claire: did you start
Alex: I’ve been taking
Claire: have you used
Alex: was showing
Claire: do you work
Alex: I was taking
Claire: have you been taking
Claire: have you been doing
Alex: have worked, I wasn’t winning
2 About you 1
1.      Do you like to take a lot of photos?
Yes, I take lots of photos. I bring my Camera to every special occasion.
2.      How long have you been using a camera?
I have been using a camera 5 years.
3.      Did your parents taking many photos of you when you were a child?
Yes, there had been taking my photo when my child.
3Questions and answers.
1.      Ben: what kinds of movies have you been watching latterly?
Kumi: well, mostly I was watching horror movies. I usually have watching there or four horror movies a month. Actually, I didn’t watching a great horror movie last night.
2.      Ana: have you ever lived in another country?
Joel: yes, I lived in two other countries. I was living in Canada for three years after I left college, and I lived in Kenya until last June.
3.      Christa: you look great. What’s your secret?
Jalila: Thanks I’m eating a lot of vegetables and whole grains lately. And I always eating six small meals a day. I just eat a salad for lunch.
4.      Vito: how long have you writing poetry?
Kim: um, I guess I’m writing poetry for about four years. I wrote almost every day if I can. Yesterday, I have been writing for almost three hours nonstop.
4   About you 2
1.      I’ve been studying English for five years.
2.      I lived in two other countries. In South Korea, Russian.
3.      I’m listening country music these day.
4.      I’ve never watched TV shows.
5.      I went home and during a big party.
6.      Maybe I was doing homework.
Lesson B.      
 It’s a long story.
2. How I ended up living in New York City.
A lot of people ask me I ended up living in New York city. Well, actually, I wasn’t planning on have been here. It’s just that the opportunity came up when my friend Samuela happened to move here for college. She needed a roommate, so I agreed sharing an apartment with her in the city.
We were only in the apartment a couple of months when Samuela started to miss home. She said missed have been with her family. I guess couldn’t imagine to stay three more years and was happy. So, she decided to complete the semester, and then she transferred to college back home. Anyway, I kept the apartment and found a great job. I’ve been here for over six years now, but Samuela and I are still great friends. We’ve never stopped to write each other, and we call each other all the time. We just live in different cities-that’s all.
3.      About you
1.      I think I’ll end up living in Paris after I finish school.
2.      I plan on learning Korean language course.
3.      I started reading a new book.
4.      I remember going to Ulaanbaatar with my parents.
5.      I can’t imagine eating horse meal. 
 
Lesson C.   We’re both getting scared
1    When I was little,...
Freda:    This pie reminds me of the time my sister made me eat a mud pie.
Chris:     You’re kidding! What happened?
Freda:    Well, when I was very little, she and I used to play together, and we would always play
              outside, you know?
Chris:     Yeah, we always played outside, too. Not like kids nowadays.
Freda:    Well, anyway, one day, I’m in the yard, and she made me eat a mud pie. Here she is,
               seven years old, in the yard with three beautiful mud pies. She said, “Freda, try this. It’s
               so good.” And she act liking she put some in her mouth. I was three years old, what did
               I know?
Chris:     Oh, no! What did it taste like?
Freda:    Actually, I don’t remember.
Chris:     Really?
Freda:     No, But I remember being sick afterward.
2  I’ll never forget…
Sarah:   Did I ever tell you about the time I ran out of cash in South Korea?
Lisa:     No. What happened?
Sarah:   Well, I was travelling through South Korea, way out in the middle of nowhere, and I

              realize that I had no cash left and no way of getting back to Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment